This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72943 June 2nd, 2006 at 02:52 AM
OP Offline
Hi...wonder if anyone knows when it is time to pick zuchinni o Japanese cucumber... i have some fruits on my plants....but not sure whether they r ready for plucking... can anyone help?
Thanx a million...
wavey norhaini

Little ones about 4-5" long are really tasty, but you need a few of them for a feed. I pick the blackjack zuchinni i grow when they are about 8" long. They can start to get a bit watery if you let them get too much bigger. Try one and see how you like them at the 5" size.
Did you know you can eat the flowers too? They are a bit nutty in flavour. You can batter and deep fry them, add them as a garnish to a salad etc. I eat them raw while wandering about the garden. Watch out for bees though.

OP Offline
Hi Longy...
Thanx sooo much for da info... i've never tried to eat da flowers so far...i only have a few plants... howevr, sad to say they r wilting badly...dunno watz wrong... da hubby said itz probably da work of snails ...we do have a lot in da garden!! Fortunately i do have some more seeds... m thinking of sowing some more soon.

Link Copied to Clipboard