This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72715 July 29th, 2006 at 03:18 PM
S
OP Offline
S
hi i was just wondering? my tomatoes last year were great this not good... Could it be from all the rain we`ve had? the bottom leaves are already browning.....got lots of blossoms...the only thing i didn`t do this year that i did last year was i had merigolds planted around my garden...

#72716 July 30th, 2006 at 12:07 AM
J
J
Well, it's definitely not from lack of marigolds lol. The weather plays a big part in the characteristics of the plants and fruit. Give it time.

#72717 July 30th, 2006 at 03:03 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Every season gives new experiences...
One summer can be hot and dry, another cool and wet/rainy... your plants will grow differently
accordingly to what they recieve...

And as a gardener, that's how I learn, and learn from what occured, or what occured last year and how the next season changed it for the better or worse and grow in my gardening knowledge...

Also, if you kept your crop in the same place from year to year, and maybe don't ammend your soil...it may have depleted the nutrients last year that made it so good, and this year is lacing them...
have you added new ammendments?
Or a change in ammendments, new one's, or different one's. can also effect your crop..
Adding more manure one year can give you more green growth and slow on flowering...

Link Copied to Clipboard