This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7191 December 7th, 2005 at 12:38 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hello all! Looking for easy appetizers to make for the Christmas Holidays and also a recipe for making the coating on the potato wedges?The kind like at Arby's or Kentucky Fry Chicken,sometimes they have them in the grocery store too! Thank you Rita

#7192 December 8th, 2005 at 06:10 AM
How about mini sandwiches??? I make ones with egg salad in them...

4 hard boiled eggs, diced
1/2 cup mayo
1 teaspoon dijon mystard
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
16 slices of egg bread or white bread

Combine all ingredients except for bread. Using a small star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars from the bread. Spread half of the stars with the egg salad and top with the remaining bread stars.

#7193 December 8th, 2005 at 06:52 AM
Ohh...here's a recipe I just found while looking through last year's Christmas Taste of Home magazine!! They look awesome!!!!

Festive Crab Cups

1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 package (2.1 oz.) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab, and onions until blended. Place trat shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Drop 1 tablesoon of the crab mixture into each shell. Top each with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 15 appetizers.

#7194 December 9th, 2005 at 01:55 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Sausage & cheese balls are always a hit and you can store them oin a warm crockpot.

Fry sausage..(I use Italian sausage) mix with Bisquick and grated cheddar cheese...roll into balls. May be stored i the freezer till needed. Bake at 350 till golden brown.

The meat & cheese skewers go fast also....just cut different flavors of cheese, ham & turkey in to the same size (bite size) souares...stack about 3 high alternating meat & cheese...poke in a long tooth pick and set on a tray...these are quick do~aheads!

~V~

#7195 December 9th, 2005 at 01:57 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Rita...cheese balls are also a quick, super easy thing to make and you can make them a week or two a head of time...and just add some crackers to the tray and you are good to go!

~V~

#7196 December 11th, 2005 at 02:19 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Gosh! they all sound so good please keep them coming everyone just love them thank you all so much! Rita

#7197 December 11th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Take a Burrito Shell,
and then take room temp cream cheese in a bowl,
little tiny bits of broccoli florets *heads* and smooshed up garlic and shaved pieces of carrots..
and mix in.. then take it and spread it on the
burrito shell **with in a little bit from the sides, so when you roll it doesn't squish out**

But roll it up, put it back in to the frig.
*or freezer to speed up the re~hardening process*
You want it a bit firm for cutting later..
*and you can put it back in the frig and make it up a couple of days before..just remember the garlic seems to get stronger... which is good if you like garlic*

But later, before guests arrive... cut up, like in medalions *coin sizes'* and top with tiny florets of broccoli, shaved carrots... or even a pimento for color..

#7198 December 11th, 2005 at 02:26 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Take room temp cream cheese, add chopped green olives ***I add a little extra green olive juice,
makes it a bit more creamy and salty***, then mix together...

Then spread it on the stalk of celery......

Take celery and cut up into 2" sections or so,
depending on you and how big you want your app's to be..

Then garnish with a half green olive section on top...YUMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!

#7199 December 11th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Take a Burrito Shell,
So...would that be like an un~cooked tortillia????

I love stuffed celery...I like to mix cream cheese & pineapple...and spread on celery...or pimento cheese is really good!!!

~V~

#7200 December 11th, 2005 at 06:27 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yep, a raw shell, staight out of the bag
from the refrigerator, then spread all the goodies on it, rap it up in saran wrap or press~n~seal,
and put it back in to chill....

And for the other one's, having the kids put the toothpicks in it *I get the frilly one's for special occasions, and regular toothpicks for home use..* to keep the green olives on top..

#7201 December 11th, 2005 at 06:29 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Also another fun one for the kids to do,
which is reallllllllly simple and pretty is
take a can of precut pieces of pineapple and
a jar of maracheno cherries, add a piece of the
pineapple on the plate....top with cherry
and a frilly toothpick....

The cherries will bleed a bit into the pineapple..
so you can take the cherries and drain ahead of time, but I personally don't, cause the flavors mix good..

#7202 March 14th, 2006 at 07:50 AM
Hey 4Ruddy, I love cream cheese and pineapple on celery sticks! thumbup

patches kit

Link Copied to Clipboard