This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7131 September 29th, 2003 at 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay here is a cake that almost everyone will love....give it a try!!

You will need:
1 box of orange cake mix
4 eggs
11 ounce can of mandarin oranges, UNDRAINED
1/2 cup of vegetable oil(I use canola)
15 1/4 ounce can crushed pinapple, UNDRAINED
1 ounce box of vanilla instant pudding
12 ounce container of cool whip, thawed

Okay this is so easy to make and the indgredients are all fairly inexpensive too...

In a large bowl, blend cake mix, eggs, oranges, and oil at medium speed for about 3 minutes....Pour into greased cake pan....I use a long one, instead of 2 round ones, but you could do it either way....Bake at 325 degrees about 30-45 mins, depending on your oven and the pans you use....Let cake cool on wire rack...

To make icing, in a medium bowl, beat pineapple, pudding, and whipped topping mix at a low speed for 3 minutes....Ice cooled cake. Store in refrigerator....The cakes flavor is enhanced if left overnight in the refrigerator....

Hope you enjoy it....it is a hit in my family and disappears as quick as I unveil it to them...LOL thumbup

#7132 October 13th, 2003 at 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of you has to be brave and give this a try....a friend I talk to on a different forum tried it out and she loved it so much she said that she might make it for thanksgiving this year....lol I am making it tommorrow actually just bought all the ingredients the other day...can't wait to have a big old piece of it! thumbup

#7133 October 13th, 2003 at 06:18 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
It does sound delicious.

Send me some!!!

I'll be the one with my fork
in my hand and drooling!! tehe~tehe

Weezie

#7134 October 13th, 2003 at 07:09 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
I'll try it this coming up weekend Loz.
Both my sons work for Albertsons and they are on Lock Out right now as we speak so will have to find another grocery store. They aren't even asking for anything but just trying to keep the wages and benefits they have.

That recipe sounds really good. I usually don't eat many sweets but hey this one has mandarin oranges. thumbup
kit Catlover kit

#7135 October 14th, 2003 at 05:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weezie, I tried to shove a big piece through the computer, but it just didn't work....lol Go figure.... thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard