This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70787 April 3rd, 2006 at 11:36 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Hello! I'm new here and looking for new lawn advice. Dh and I live in northern New Jersey (suburb of NYC) and we are planning a new lawn. Any suggestions for what kind of grass to plant? Also, in the last couple of years every new lawn we see is seeded with some sort of bright blue-green colored fertilizer on top of the soil. I assume this is a lawn starter. The lawns I've seen started with this always seem to do great. Does anyone know the brand name of this stuff?

Thanks and I'm glad to be here!
smile Elissa

#70788 April 3rd, 2006 at 11:43 PM
O
O
That's the way a lot of landscapers are seeding grass now. I think it's mixed up as a slurry in big tanks and sprayed on. I've seen it done along roadsides also. I believe the coloring is so they can tell when they've got good coverage.

Link Copied to Clipboard