This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69324 April 13th, 2006 at 07:02 PM
J
johnCT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Let me start by saying that I have nothing bad to say about their service and product. I've ordered from them a number of times. I just got their latest catalog in the mail and I was looking through it last night. I was amazed at how doctored all of the photos are in it. How far can they actually go before its considered "misrepresentation"? Take a look at the picture of the pink Dianthus. I'm not sure what page it was, but it was the PPA plant of the year a few years ago. frown Some of those pictures are just plain silly looking. I can first remember noticing it a few years ago after buying a Scabiosa 'Butterfly Blue" at HD or somewhere. Looking at the pictures of them in all the catalogs was just ridiculous. All of them tried to make it more "blue" looking then it actually was. :rolleyes:

Bluestone is definitely NOT the only company doing this. All of the bigger catalogs do. It's just absurd if you ask me.

#69325 April 13th, 2006 at 08:22 PM
P
P
peacock lilies come to mind for me.
advertised as breathtaking, they simply didnt impress me. the pictures in the catalog along with the dramatic descriptions,they didnt live up to the hype.

#69326 April 13th, 2006 at 09:58 PM
Speaking of peacock lilies. I brought some years ago and they were so fragrant you could smell them from quite a distance. The last bulbs I brought had absolutly no fragrance.

So now we have to see doctored photos and bulbs/flowers not performing as they should.

#69327 April 13th, 2006 at 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the same with mobile phones, the colour screen/images to see on the phone in the books are superimpozed onto the phone. They all do it regardless of what they are selling from trainers to plants.

Its makes the product look nicer than it really is, and so you but it.

#69328 April 14th, 2006 at 04:11 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Yep we are definitely in a buyer beware time slot. Bill Gates has taught the commerical world that they don't have to have a good product they just have to sell it.

It's definitely back to the local garden center for plants and my friends in the seed exchange here on the forum for seeds.

#69329 April 14th, 2006 at 11:52 PM
A
A
I've learned that in almost every case if they use the word "blue" to decribe a flower it means it will be some shade of purple, no matter what the photo looks like. Very deceiving....

Link Copied to Clipboard