This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68960 July 7th, 2006 at 05:38 AM
OP Offline
Could somebody give me some good tips on rooting a Hoya (think that it is Hoya Compacta or Hindu Rope), I was given a small cutting & I have never had any Hoya's before & want to give this cutting every chance at surival...
Thanks!!!

#68961 July 14th, 2006 at 06:49 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
So far this is all I've found:

You can root hoyas from as little as a one-node cutting to produce another plant, but it's best to start cuttings with at least 3 leaf nodes (remove the leaves from the lowest node and put that node into the propagation mix).

here is the only other information I was able to find:

I started out with 4 leaves dipped in root medium I forgotton in the trunk of the car for a number of days when I realized what I had done I panicked however they had begun to root in the ziplock bag I planted in a 4 " pot has has been there in a east window ever since, I fertilize it once in spring and again summer once and let dry out between waterings and mist twice a week

Link Copied to Clipboard