This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68600 May 5th, 2006 at 01:16 AM
R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi!
As you know I am new to this forum (2nd question in 2 days) and very challenged in growing flowers. I planted 6 mini rose bushes(from Cottage Farms) last year and I need to move them. The bushes have started to come up, but no blooms yet. I want to transplant them into a half wooden barrel. I have read some information on how to transplant roses from the ground into a container, but I was wondering if you have any helpfull tips, secrets and ideas you can share.

Also, I bought miracle grow flower and garden soil, but should I buy some of the "potting soil" too? (I am sure that is a "flowers 101" question, but I have problems with plastic flowers : )

Thank You,
Ronda

PS. I also asked this question in the "container gardening" forum. Should I ask my questions in differnt forums, depending on the subject?

#68601 May 5th, 2006 at 01:34 AM
Ronda ,
Ithink it will be fine as long as you dig deep enough to not disterb the rose bushes.. keep them well watered for the first few days ..
Also roses like epson salt if you sprinkle a little around it before you water ..
I know nothing about the soil part but I am sure someone else will..

#68602 May 5th, 2006 at 09:58 AM
R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank You for the advice.

Ronda

#68603 May 6th, 2006 at 12:03 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
No you shouldn't double post. Choose a room heading that matches your subject and just post there. If you don't get a response within a reasonable length of time contact a hostess and she will help you try and find an answer.

Link Copied to Clipboard