This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68479 January 19th, 2006 at 02:57 AM
OP Offline
Hello, All It's been a while, Well with the winter here in Massachusettes not sure if i can still use my compost trying to get out their with all the snow and all. Well my question is What should I do??? With my kitchen scraps?? Not being able to get too the compost I have been just buting all the scraps in bags and throwing them in my freezer. I have one of those big 5 cubit feet one.lol Will the scraps still be ok for when the weather is nicer out to get back to it?? Any thought on this Would be great!!!!!! Thanks all. Dee

#68480 January 19th, 2006 at 04:36 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
your doing perfect. That's exactly where the scraps belong until spring thaw.

#68481 January 19th, 2006 at 07:20 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Ladybug if your freezing them anyway why not just put them in your compost pile they will be frozen there also wont they? When it starts thawing they will just start the process then instead of when you get them out of the freezer. May save a week or so of compostingf time. Here in Texas I use my compost Tumbler year round and of course I am also using worms.
Jimmy

#68482 January 19th, 2006 at 11:55 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yep, I would say the same too..
*although I have been known to throw mine
in the freezer too, cause it's toooo cold to
get out side or didn't feel like going out..*
but, keep on throwing that compost in there..
and come this summer, plan for throwing it in,
even in the winter and if you can keep something
that would be considered brown, off to the side,
*un frozen* and layer in between... that'll get your stuff layered properly and readyyyyyyyy to go right into action, come spring time..

Let us know how you make out Duh ..
Always cool love thumbup flw ...

#68483 January 25th, 2006 at 05:27 AM
OP Offline
Thanks so much for the replys!!!!!

#68484 February 28th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
O
O
Originally posted by ladybug67:
Hello, All It's been a while, Well with the winter here in Massachusettes not sure if i can still use my compost trying to get out their with all the snow and all. Well my question is What should I do??? With my kitchen scraps?? Not being able to get too the compost I have been just buting all the scraps in bags and throwing [/LIST] them in my freezer. I have one of those big 5 cubit feet one.lol Will the scraps still be ok for when the weather is nicer out to get back to it?? Any thought on this Would be great!!!!!! Thanks all. Dee

#68485 February 28th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
O
O
you have to put a palstic in top of the compost to mantain the compost hot and you can put all the food that you have in your freezer in the compost pile but it´s important to mantain away any humidity of the envirment

Link Copied to Clipboard