This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66911 April 18th, 2006 at 01:58 AM
I
Ivy9 Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi
I have creeping phlox, one pink and one candy stripe. I want to keep them in containers side by side with my dianthus. Are these all ok to keep in containers. i have potted them up. I have a nice double peony plant from the local nursery. Can I plant it outside in a very sunny area? Will it bloom this year at all? I am planning to plant it next to asian lily and lavender. I have a very small area in front that is sunny. I also want to get clematis and wisteria for my patio wher I have the phlox and dianthus. Do I have to plant those in ground and let them climb up? or keep them in very large containers? I like to keep them in containers so that I can move them around if they are not getting enough sun etc.

Thanks!!

#66912 April 18th, 2006 at 05:08 AM
A
A
You can put your dianthus and phlox in containers and even let them hang over the side. My Mom has hers in a half whiskey barrell. As for the peony, it can be planted in full sun. It may or may not bloom this year...it depends on how young of a plant it is. If you aren't very familiar with peonies, be sure not to plant it deeper than the container it's in. They have a tendency not to bloom if the crown is planted too deep. I have a clematis in a large container that does very well, but wisteria may not work (at least not for long) because it has an extensive root system and grows quite tall. It requires a sturdy structure to hold it as it matures. Perhaps someone had tried it in a container and has had success and will let you know.

Link Copied to Clipboard