This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I know I'm alone in this but chipmunks and squirrels need love too. Great pics starla thanks for sharing.

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I LOVE it when squirrels come to my feeders. After owning this house for four years I finally got squirrels this year; TWO of them; and I think they are breeding in my yard......YAY! grinnnn

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Here are some picture of my two new renters:

SQUIRREL AND STARLING
[Linked Image]

SAUNTERING ALONG
[Linked Image]

OP Offline
Oh I LOVE my squirrels! We have somuch fun watching them. BUT they will EAT a plastic feeder clean through, so now we make sure to have something more durable AND feeders specificaly for them.

[Linked Image]

What neat pictures Starla and Thornius! Thanks for sharing them. Duh Of course, it was ruined. ters

Squirrels teeth never stop growing so they have to continually gnaw to keep them from getting too long. I had some chew an open wooden feeder just for the gnaw of it. They could sit in it with the seed, chew chew chew.

I had a customer in yesterday who wanted a squirrel proof feeder. The one I first showed him is $40. Well that was too much for him. So whats he going to do? Go buy a cheapy $10 one that'll get ruined and replace it 5 times in 1 year? Well now he'l heve spent $50 and still not have a feeder for the next year nutz
Any squirrel proof feeder that really works is going to cost a bit more.
And remember, gray squirrels can jump 4 feet straight up, so a baffle has to be more than 4 feet up or he'll jump right over it. And they van jump 15 feet across, from a tree or building to the top of a feeder.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Starla,
Can you do us a greatttttt big favor and go
back to your photobucket account and resize that gi~ganto picture... smile thumbup We love the picture, but those who have dial up sometimes have to wait wayyyyyyy tooooooo long to enjoy it.

Also, a hint for you...
Take a sheppards' hook, stand it in the middle of the lawn *nothing around it at alllll so critters can jump to it* but take some vaseline and grease up a good amount of the middle of the pole...

I know how out of control those critters can get,
for two years I lived in a house smack dab in the middle about 100 oak trees, and they were many, many, manyyyyyy wanting to eat my birdfeeders themselves..*chewed right thru them to get at the yummies inside FASTERRRR*

OP Offline
Ok I resized it...hope thats better! flw

That's much better Starla! kissies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool pictures!!!

I used to have a squirrel here....then my neighbors cut down the tree it lived in and I haven't noticed anymore since then! It was so funny watching it run across the chain link fence to the birdbath to get a drink.

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I saw a British Red Squirrel on a LIVE feeder cam in Scotland last night, Loz.

Here is a pic I got some kind of woodpecker
[Linked Image] not sure what kind
hope u can see him thumbup
bettyboop1948

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Your Woodpecker appears to be a male Red-Bellied Woodpecker to me from what I can tell. Do a Google Image Search on, "Red-Bellied Woodpecker" to see if that is what you saw.... When in doubt, Google it!

I thought I had fooled our squirrels when I got a new feeder that had an outer piece made of metal that was on springs; the weight of the squirrel pulled the metal piece down, closing the holes so they couldn't get food. So what did they do? Hung by their back feet from a nearby limb, and just reached in and got a snack! We had five out there one morning -- one in the tree throwind down the food, and four on the ground scarfing it up! Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard