This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I need to get a new cushion for my outdoor swing. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Duh The only ones I've seen cost as much as if I simply bought a NEW swing frown Grrr

OR does anyone know where I could find a pattern to MAKE a new cushion??

Ideas??

Thanks so much!! muggs flw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd get an old futon mattress and recover it. you can get those cheap from someone whose frame is busted, or who doesn't need it any more.

OP Offline
ooooh, good idea!! Thanks!!

K
K
Go to the nearest fabric store and purchase some foam. It comes in several thicknesses. Then purchase a half-yard of materal, roll it up in the material, and tie it on both ends with a ribbon like you would a present. Be sure to get outdoor fabric so the sun won't fade it.

If you have the old cushion, take it apart to make a pattern for the new one. You'll need a couple of metres of material(water-proof)if you can find it. I have to recover my patio chair cushions, Wal-mart is getting in their patio material next week.

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Make sure if you buy foam that you get the green. It's the heavy duty stuff made for sitting on. the white is softer but mushes down to nothing and you end up sitting on the frame lol. Guess how I know.

Link Copied to Clipboard