This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6431 October 4th, 2005 at 08:29 AM
OP Offline
hey everybody! I'm supposed to make deviled eggs for homecoming this coming sunday for church. problem is...it's been a long time since I've made them and can't remember how to?? how do you make them??

#6432 October 4th, 2005 at 08:39 AM
Just mix the cook yolks up with mayo, little bit of mustard, salt and pepper. I add chopped up dill pickle and chives to mine....sometimes I grate a little bit of garlic in it. Most people top them with paprika....I use cayenne. You can pretty much make them any way you want but basically it's the yoks with mayo and a little mustard.

#6433 October 4th, 2005 at 08:53 AM
OP Offline
oh ok great thanks so much!

#6434 October 5th, 2005 at 08:35 AM
Miss Jamie and Christie C.. Yep I make deviled eggs the same some times add (real) bacon bits, another one I make(but Cheat) is cajan deviled eggs,, I just go to the store buy some cajan crab dip OR cajan crab Salad and spoon it into the whites instead or make half and half if you don;t have anything else to put the boiled yolk into... If they don't
sell cajan crab dip, in your area just crab dip will do, and sprink (JUST A SCOOCH) , of cayanne pepper on top Not spicy, but has a bite to it these really went over big at work for a pot luck dinner. ...

#6435 October 5th, 2005 at 08:48 PM
Mmm...bacon bits..I've never thought of that. Canadian Thanksgiving is this coming weekend...I'm in charge of the pies but perhaps I'll bring deviled eggs as well...Thanx angelblossom...everyone in my family is crazy about deviled eggs and who doesn't like bacon?!?!?! Sounds perfect!
Christina

#6436 October 23rd, 2005 at 06:31 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
We go through a ton of deviled eggs around here and I make them several different ways. My personal favorite is to use a little mayo and add some of the wasabi gourmayo...and chopped sweet gherkins..has a great kick to it. My son loves the lemon curry deviled eggs. I usually make a huge tray of assorted variaties.

#6437 October 23rd, 2005 at 07:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
egg yolks w/mayo is the basic....
sometimes i add tuna
sometimes i add bacon
sometimes i add relish (sweet or dill, depending on my mood)
somefolks add mustard, onion, pepper, garlic, paprika, horse radish, and on, and on. the options are limitless once you get the mayo and eggs together!

#6438 October 24th, 2005 at 02:14 AM
I love deviled eggs, I'll have to print this one out. I never seen so many verities. the tuna one sounds great.

I like using Kraft Miracle Whip dressing, instead of Mayo, and add sweet relish to the yolks.

Link Copied to Clipboard