This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61636 February 21st, 2006 at 05:37 AM
OP Offline
Jim and I transplanted our six lorapetalum bushes to a different spot this week-end. When Jiffy stopped by, she said that I could start some more bushes by propogation. Alas, I have forgotten how she said to do it...

Do I just take a cutting and stick it in water or do I take a cutting and put some "root tone" on it and stick it in the dirt? Should I wait until spring is fully here?

We have 10 (had to go buy four more) lorapetalum shrubs out near the highway now to line the easement and to provide a little bit of privacy. I am sure I will need more to fill in and I may even want to go down our driveway with them. At $8 per each one gallon shrub, that could cost a small fortune. Forget about getting the three gallon size...

Jiffy, are you around here somewhere? Someone? Please help me figure out what to do...

Thanks for any and all suggestions in advance...

Dianna

#61637 February 22nd, 2006 at 01:29 PM
O
O
Dianna, the only information I have on lorapetalum says to take cuttings in late July with rooting hormone. Stick them in peat:perlite and mist. The rooting mix shouldn't hold too much moisture or the cuttings will rot.

#61638 February 23rd, 2006 at 06:01 AM
OP Offline
Thank you, Terry. I couldn't remember what Jiffy told me when she stopped by and it was aggravating me that I had forgotten...

Dianna

Link Copied to Clipboard