This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61546 August 5th, 2006 at 01:58 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi everyone. I planted some grass seed before changing my mind and realizing I wanted to make a flower bed there instead. I started digging up all the new little rooted grass about 6 days ago. I kept forking and digging through it every day for 3 days. Then I laid down weighed down cardboard for 3 more days.

I pulled the cardboard up today and the grass that I forked all through is still green, but still loose all through the soil (it doesn't seem to be re-rooting or anything). Do you think it will be safe for me to plant now? Or can the grass grow back even though it's all been uprooted and mixed all in the soil? I really don't want to do the thing where I leave the cardboard/newspaper down and plant. Any other ideas to insure that this grass won't come back are very appreciated! Thanks! kit

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I don't think your going to be able to do it the way you want to. Grass is very very hardy. It will find a way to the light unless you kill it.

You could remove that soil to somewhere you do want grass and then put down new soil there to plant in I guess.

I agree with tkhooper, I would dig up the soil and redeposit it somewhere else and place new soil where you want to plant. If not, you will probably be battling the grass in that spot from now on.

Can you spray the area with Roundup first?

Link Copied to Clipboard