This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#59331 June 23rd, 2006 at 02:40 AM
Karrie, Do you think that that tape will work with the liner i have?? i am so nervous to use this liner..but i think it will be fine for a good 5 years..and by that time i'll want to change it anyhow..ya know?

#59332 June 23rd, 2006 at 03:30 AM
What exactly is your liner, is it the thick black plastic stuff? If its that I cant be sure. Ya know if it is that...........this may sound crazy but heck I will go on with it any way..........You could get some wax paper put some below it and above it, you would have to work slowly on this... place a small board on the bottom then the wax paper then the liner then the wax paper and iron it. That would seam it. I mean if its plastic just melt it together. My kids and I do this with thick pound size baggies. We put crayon shavings in them make a design out of it I put it between wax paper and we iron it. This is how we make our stained glass windows. lol Might be a crazy idea but it was a thought I had on the matter. Us Hoosier Gals are always a lil crazy any way! laugh p nutz

#59333 June 23rd, 2006 at 04:43 AM
Yeah it's a thick black..it's a visqueen liner..that's a good idea...i'll have hubby get some more at work..and see if we can do that...we also have a heat gun..that might work in the same manner as the iron..what do you think? That we are (hoosier girls) ..seem to do everything strange...

#59334 June 23rd, 2006 at 06:29 AM
Even if we do it strange who cares so long as we get it done. I sure miss Indiana, you just don't know what ya got till your gone. I just finished mowing my back yard. I had my son sit in the garden wagon on the back with the hand held seed spreader and just go crazy as I mowed real slow.. That is one way to seed the lawn. lol.....He loved it.

I believe we just might have a means of tacking that pond liner for you. Great minds at work here on the garden helper forum. Keep me posted on your progress. I am anxious to see how it goes.

#59335 June 23rd, 2006 at 06:41 AM
I am very anxious to see how it goes..but then again..i'm sure something will go wrong..hehe..maybe i should have a bit more faith in myself..my fish are so anxious to move to there bigger surroundings..yes i do know this..they told me themselves..haha..i will definatly keep ya posted..thanks for the help too..definately appreciated..so how long ago did you move? and why?
i'll bet your boy had a blast..!!

#59336 June 23rd, 2006 at 06:54 AM
I moved in November of last year. My husband was offered a wonderful job more money, more respect, and much much more time at home. I do have to say I don't miss Indiana as much as I missed him in Indiana. His former employer were slave drivers they sent him to japan for months at a time, and when he was here he worked a minimum of 12 usually 14 to 16 hours a day. This place offered him more money more self respect and more time with us. So we packed up and took off to Tennessee. I had lived on the same road for most of my life 24 of my 31 years to be exact. I do love it here, but I sure miss my yard. My sister is in my old house and she could care less about the yard. I go up when I can and do the yard weeding and such, its just not the same. I had a call from a neighbor wanting to know what a certain kinda flower was in my yard, he said everyone is coming by to look at my yard. That broke my heart. I had planted 36 different types of day lillies last year and my king author Delphinium is what everyone in town is throwing a fit over. My clematis took off like crazy for the first time ever. I just am trying to look at it like this I am beautifying the world one yard at a time. Now I have a new canvas to "paint" this year. I have some pics I am gonna post this weekend. This yard didn't have a single thing in it, other then some ugly green bushes. Well now its got color!

#59337 June 23rd, 2006 at 07:11 AM
Yeah i'm thinking that job would have to go as well..Tell hubby congrats as well..my husband just got a promotion as well..and we now have more of a normal life..well as far as normal goes who really knows..but to us it is much much better...wow...now do you ever go pick any and take them back to your house? i'm thinking i would be digging the stuff up..Where do you think i could get these king author delphiniums...the house we bought a few years ago..the lady that lived there previously was a gardening freak.i thought i was bad..but this lady had so many freakin flowers..i could keep splitting them forever and still not have any room..i am going to split some of them up in front to go around the pond.just not real sure what to put back there..i want it too look like a pond..not a flower garden, ya know? i just went and picked up some free perrenials from this lady here in town..got them off that free site..that was nice..hubby was like..and now where would these be going? i said..ummmm around the pond?? hehe..he's like great..MORE..just what we needed..i said variety is what we need..hehe..so where abouts in tennessee..nice area?

#59338 June 23rd, 2006 at 10:44 AM
We are in wayyyy west hubby actually works in Missouri............lol you should see the faces folks make when I said were moveing to Tennessee so hubby can work in Missouri......lol. I plan on going back this fall and digging up those lillies. If I catch the delphinium in seed, I will be happy to share them with you. Wish me luck on that one.

#59339 June 23rd, 2006 at 05:10 PM
eclo Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Luck! p as for tapimg the liner together.... lemme send you some suff.... I have some shrink wrap stuff I use at work.... you have to heat it with a heat gun..... but it seals visqueen... its kinda like stich witch stuff..... but for plastic...... how muych you need?

#59340 June 24th, 2006 at 02:37 AM
Oh that would be awesome thank you Karrie and good luck with that...And Eclo..WOW..that's awesome..thank you so much..i would say i need oh geeze..i'm not sure..i haven't measured..ummmm is it something i could buy in a store? cause i will just pick it up if i can..so you don't have to send it..and then i can go back and get more if need be..if not..i would say about 10 feet..maybe more? i don't know how it's made..i have to seal it at the top and probably at the bottom..i'm going around a tree so i have to attach the two sides at both top and bottom..i would say that should be good..do you think?

#59341 June 25th, 2006 at 01:05 AM
eclo Offline OP
OP Offline
Heyas Langford.....

We buy this stuff here locally and I'm sure you can buy it somewheres close to where you are. It's the same stuff that you see the brand new bass boats on the semi trailers wrapped in.... but it takes more than a hair dryer to heat it up enuff to seal good. Lemme see if I can find a distributor for the same stuff in your area. Might be tommorrow or so b4 I can get back again to post. Lots of stuff going on! I just found out my youngest daughter is pregnant! This will be grandchild #4 AND IT'S A BOY!!!!! thumbup clp

#59342 June 25th, 2006 at 02:14 AM
Congrats Eclo. That is wonderful news, now papa will have a garden helper in a few years. thumbup clp

#59343 June 25th, 2006 at 07:35 AM
That's GREAT, Eclo. thumbup flw flw Sue

#59344 June 26th, 2006 at 11:29 AM
wow, congrats eclo!! And thanks for looking into that. Very much appreciated.

#59345 June 27th, 2006 at 06:43 AM
eclo Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is a link to pond liner repair sealer tape but geeze is it expensive frown Scroll down and on the left side is a link to the "Repair" section. The link didnt hook up to the exact page I wanted it to! I tested the stuff I have using visqueen plastic and the heat gun used to shrink this stuff is too hot... mad eek it melts the visqueen Duh

#59346 June 28th, 2006 at 01:14 AM
Alright, so back to square one...what do you think i could use? I mean there has to be something..right? Maybe i should call the store i got the visqueen from (hubby got it from a dealer through work) maybe he should call..and i'll see if they have something or some sort of suggestion...I am thoroughly at a loss with what to do next.. How is that new grandbaby?

#59347 July 13th, 2006 at 03:54 AM
eclo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey all...

Been really busy both at work and at home so I haven't been able to post our "BIG POND" progress and then my digital camera quit working so I don't have any update pictures frown but we got the pond filled! thumbup

#59348 July 15th, 2006 at 01:53 AM
Wow...congrats...can't wait to see the pictures!! I haven't had time to do mine yet..i've been so busy with the kids..which i don't think there is anything more fun watching than kids having fun...so i guess the price is worth the wait..heehe

#59349 July 15th, 2006 at 02:13 AM
I am totally green with envy! Beautiful job, Eclo!

Dianna

#59350 July 15th, 2006 at 05:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh man, I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product, it looks fantastic!

#59351 July 15th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
What I just saw rendered me speechless! Its going to be a beautiful place. I am so jealous! Naaaa Happy for you though! What a glorious place that is going to be! Keep pic's comeing!

#59352 July 16th, 2006 at 06:46 PM
This is so marvelous, eclo, I can't wait to see more photos also!

Merme

#59353 July 17th, 2006 at 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! thumbup i like it!

#59354 July 17th, 2006 at 05:23 AM
AMAZING! A beautiful spot you are creating there!

#59355 July 29th, 2006 at 02:17 PM
Awe!! I just read the whole thread..got all excited to see the finished product. The earlier photos looks BEAUTIFUL Eclo. Can't wait to see the finished pond!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard