This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57341 April 7th, 2006 at 09:04 AM
OP Offline
I start much less seedlings now a days since I have cat problems, but still I have 2 trays for now with covers that are snapped on with those paper clip things. I always have the same problem: the seedlings grow too tall and I have to remove the covers. Also this morning one of my cats was sitting on top of the cover. I yelled at her and she knocked it all down. mad So any ideas? I give them cat grass to eat but they still like to dig around etc. I can't start onions or peppers at all since they chew those no matter what I do. Duh Does anyone have a solution?

No getting rid of the cats is not a solution BTW. Not these cuties.
[Linked Image]

#57342 April 7th, 2006 at 09:13 AM
I am guessing there is not a closet or room you can keep them out of and keep your plants in?

#57343 April 8th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
I know how it is with cats...I have 7 indoors and two of the seven are kittens. Is there anyway you can barricade off your plants from the kitties??? Example: I have shelfs that I have put metal grates from like the oven or frig, In front of the selves, to keep cats away from things, Plastic child gates will work also, you have to use your imagination...Just make you a cat prooff area around your plants.

Link Copied to Clipboard