This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57149 June 8th, 2006 at 02:28 PM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have some wild orange trumpet vine growing in the ditch across the street from my house. I want it growing here in my yard. and yes I know they are invasive and all that but I still want it. My problem is I cannot get to the roots to dig them up as its in the middle of posion ivy. Can I just get me a cutting from the flower and try that way? And if so please tell me how to begin with this process

#57150 June 8th, 2006 at 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it will probably root from a cutting - especially since it's invasive. just clip a few bits and place in water until the roots form. i'd add some root stimulant to the water.

how about some kind of vine that's NOT invasive? there are plenty of things available...clematis, honeysuckle (well, this one can be invasive too...), climbing hydrangea and wysteria all have nice flowers.

there are also vines that are annuals - like the hyacynth bean, sweet potato, scarlet runner. just to name a few.

#57151 June 10th, 2006 at 03:35 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a fence around the property I want covered quickly. The neighbor and I share it. He doesnt care what I put on it. But he wants it up. Its ugly old and barbwire I am tired of the kids snagging their clothes on it. I figure this will cover it quickly.

#57152 June 10th, 2006 at 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are plenty of clematis that are fast growers and so are honeysuckle and wisteria.

Link Copied to Clipboard