This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#56478 August 20th, 2006 at 09:07 AM
kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
Could someone give me a crash course on lavender cuttings? I really need dried lavender once school starts to help releive stress. I figured growing some would save me money. some one help?

#56479 August 21st, 2006 at 07:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cut the stems and then tie string around the ends and hang them, upside down, in a dark area. make sure there is a good amount of air circulation so that they dry out (and don't get moldy).

#56480 August 21st, 2006 at 08:03 AM
kennyso Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks...ok, now that I know how to save the bud, I'l hopefully get better slep. Does anyone know how to propagate by cuttings?

#56481 August 21st, 2006 at 03:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, i don't know how to propogate by cuttings. i'd think you should be able to cut a stem off and root it in water tho...

try the aromatherapy products from healing garden

i've got the whole line of the lavendar relaxation stuff. bath salts, candles, moisturizer...i love it all!! they even have a few items that you can carry with you (little spray bottle that will fit right in your bag) so that you can use it whenever it's needed.

you might be able to find the products in stores in your area - you'd have to call the company tho as the website only lists stores in the us. if there aren't any, you can always order online.

#56482 August 21st, 2006 at 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i just took a look at the website...looks like they don't offer the candle any longer ters

yankee candle does a nice lavendar candle.

#56483 October 7th, 2006 at 06:32 AM
V
V
This is probably coming to you a little too late but I propagate Lavender (all cuttings for the matter) in straight moistened perlite. Take cuttings that are at least 6" long, remove leaves on the lower half so that you have 4" above the rooting media. Keep the perlite moist by bottom watering and you should have rooted cuttings within 10 days. Once the roots are about 1.5" pot up individually into 2-3" pots with added perlite to give the potting soil extra drainage. DO NOT over-water...not too wet and not too dry. Pot up as necessary, give as much light as possible if growing indoors or plant in the garden. Outdoors in a container or the garden is your best bet for flowering.

Vera

#56484 October 21st, 2006 at 06:38 AM
is lavendula the same thing you're talking about? I plant that in the ground all the time and it doesn't do well. It comes back every year but never gets big.

#56485 November 9th, 2006 at 09:10 AM
V
V
Lavendula=Lavender.

Depending on what type of Lavender you have it may be a dwarf variety. I have a few that only grow to 14" tall and wide at best. Other's can be cut back to the lowest growth on the stems (8") in spring and come back 2.5 x 2.5 feet in flower.

Vera

Link Copied to Clipboard