This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54004 August 9th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
F
OP Offline
F
my garden is doing great this year but, to my dispare when I was checking out my squash I noticed that there was a mushy brown substance on the stalks. Under futher investgation, I noticed grubs inside the stalks and some of the fruit. Although the plants still seem to be doing well am afraid that they will ruin my crop of acorn squash. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

#54005 August 9th, 2006 at 10:28 AM
You have the dreaded squash vine borer. Right now your only alternative is to try to locate them in the vine, using a pocket knife make a small slit and scoop them out. Then cover the vine with dirt as long as the damage isn't too bad the plant can survive.

I like to use Sevin spray or dust on squash and pumpkins to keep them at bay. With zukes I just take my chances as I don't like to spray them.

Link Copied to Clipboard