This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53967 July 22nd, 2006 at 09:21 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I happened upon a large white Datura (Trumpet plant) in the vacant lot next door. I believe it probably was the result of reseeding since the lady that used to live there had some in containers on her front porch. I've never tried growing them from cuttings, but I've heard it's rather easy...just cut off a section and put it in water where it will root, then plant in a container. My question is this: each cutting has several buds on it...do I cut them off so the plant will use it's energy to make roots? or is that necessary? One of the cuttings is actually about to bloom. Other plants I've grown from cuttings usually did better if I cut off the blooms/buds, but I wasn't sure if it would be the same for Datura.

#53968 July 22nd, 2006 at 02:07 PM
I don't see why the buds would be a problem. I would also try to get some seed pods, they grow very quickly!! I have 2 white datura and they have put off tons of seeds, if you would like some PM me!

Link Copied to Clipboard