This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53217 May 23rd, 2006 at 01:40 AM
OP Offline
I am just curious. I love fresh flowers. and now I have the space.

Do you have a space just for cutting flowers or do you cut out of your beds?

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I plan to cut out of my beds. That is the day that I can bring myself to cut one that is flowering. This is year two for me gardening and it's the first year I've been able to pinch back herbs so they will grow bushier. I don't know how long it will take me to convince myself I can cut flowers. I am so slow lol.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That is one of my secret dreams is to have something like that one day..
I'd love to do (sell bouquets' and cut) flowers at outdoor auctions and flea markets things...
Someday....

For really serious one's, they have rows of certain flowers, some have stakes and ropes to hold them up from wind damage or falling on the ground...

What are the flowers you're thinking about?????

We have a cutting garden at work. We plant Zinnia's, snapdragons, carnations, Rudbeckia, Glads, Dahlia's, and are planning on adding Delphiniums. We also use the lilac's and hydrangeas on the property.

OP Offline
I have roses, lilac, tulip, black eye susan, flowering quince and fruit trees in my beds. I want zinnia, aster, dahlia, glads, iris, sweet pea, and anything else.

I have a flower bed that I can't see from my house/deck and I'm working to make it a cutting garden. I like daisy-type flowers the best, so I planted some shasta daisies, some pink daisies and some orange daisy-like flowers there as well as some bright orange poppies. Right next to them I planted some purple coneflowers.

I planted them all from seed this year (long story, but to sum it up: we're broke) and I'm really hoping it turns into what I have envisioned in my head.

I had ordered some blue asters (very daisy-like) but they are actually for zone 5 (oooops) and they were back ordered, so I don't think they will end up working out.

I am really excited for the day I can go out and cut some pretty flowers and bring them in to put in a vase. Can't wait. flw

I cut from my regular garden and some shrubs I have planted all around. I, like TK, had a hard time cutting my flowers at first but then I realized I can enjoy them on my desk at work, in my house, and enjoy giving them to friends. I don't get to hang out in my yard all the time so bringing them in is a good thing for me.

I don't have a special cutting garden, but I do cut the flowers in my yard and and bring them in or share them with others to brighten their my day. thumbup

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You ought to go take a look at "Buttonsmoms"
Bible gardens and her pictures...
She cuts alot of her flowers and she makes arrangements *for church and stuff* out of her garden, you wouldn't believe the arrangements she's got pictures of...they are gorgeous!!! flw flw flw flw flw flw flw flw

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Found her link..
It's in the Buttonsmom\'s Bible Gardens
Scroll about 1/2 the way down and on one of her posts, is a link to her Webshots' Album..
Go to the Floral Arrangements one and click on that...
She does those...

OP Offline
thank you for the link. I would love to post my pics all together and introduce my 'garden'.

Link Copied to Clipboard