This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53108 May 10th, 2006 at 08:57 PM
OP Offline
Hello, wavey

I just recently planted a bunch of seeds for Love-In-A-Mist...or Nigella ...anyway, I live in zone 7 and the seed packet says nothing about what to do after they sprout? IE., full sun or shade? water a lot or a little? Perennial or Annual? I can't seem to find much info on this flower...so would love any advice anyone can give!!! Thanks Again!!! wavey

#53109 May 10th, 2006 at 11:06 PM
annual
will reseed itself
full sun
I never grew it but heres where I got my info crit
http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcatalog/flowers/loveinamist.htm

#53110 May 12th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Thankyou Wrennie,

I am growing some in a container and lookforward to seeing them bloom they look like interesting flowers.

#53111 May 12th, 2006 at 03:40 AM
Hey!I got some of this!I now remember planting it!
The 1st year I had it in shade under a cedar tree& it got a lil morning sun for maybe 2 hours and was a leggy 12 inches.Hurricane Rita Retreescaped my cedar tree& I guess this thing reseeded.It had a few light violet colored flowers.Its been different this time.I didn't know what it was but looked your post.I knew I'd planted seeds.I hope it reseeds like mad.

[Linked Image]

plant it in full sun or partial but more on the sunny side of life.I water mine daily& if wash the deck it gets watered then again.I think it would need protected from wind.

So if someone else stumbles in here.......I'm a mild climate.So my seeds and maybe my roots overwinter.its also in a warm pocket area,(but maybe not now cause the tree was retreescaped)My last frost in mostly in Dec.When do I need to sow for fall blooms& can I stagger seeds planting time(like some hibiscus) for contuneous blooms?

Link Copied to Clipboard