This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
My daughter just gave me a Clematis for Mothers Day... It's a "Raymond Evison Clematis... BloomRite (trademark) Boulevard Series, Angelique (trademark) Evipo017".

The tag on it says "Partial to full shade"! Duh

J
J
The roots should be provided shade with mulch or with some other plant or something. Otherwise Clematis should be planted in full sun. They LOVE the sun.

Mine says partial shade too..Patty it is a Marie louise jensen

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
John, I do shade the base of Clematis, to keep the roots cool. I've always thought they liked full sun too, but just like SpringFeaver, mine says "Partial to full shade". I'm just confused as to whether or not we have a "different type" of Clematis! [Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
different varieties have different sun/shade requirements as well as different pruning requirements.

as far as i know, they all have the requirement that the roots need to be kept cool - so covering them with lots of mulch, a large stone or planting something in front of them to provide shade is important.

Read the directions on the box...

I understand they love some half day shade.

dodge

Link Copied to Clipboard