This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52154 June 7th, 2006 at 03:43 AM
OP Offline
frown Am I the only person on the planet who cannot grow ivy??????? Duh

#52155 June 7th, 2006 at 04:22 AM
Hi Mrs Bradley

That is about the best thing I can grow?
I am not sure? someone here will probably know.

Did you use a rooting powder?

Good luck
Angie

#52156 June 7th, 2006 at 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are lots of varieties of ivy.

which one do you have? how big are the plants? what type of pot do you have them in (glazed or unglazed ceramic or plastic)?

#52157 June 7th, 2006 at 02:38 PM
G
G
It depends on the variety. I have had success with the varigated ivies and the green ivies. I can't grow German ivy to save my life!

#52158 June 8th, 2006 at 06:32 AM
OP Offline
okay, I'm gonna get everyone at once.

1)I didn't use rooting powder.should I use that if I am just transplanting from a 2 inch pot at the store??

2&3) 2 inch varigated planted in unglazed ceramic/terra cotta 1 in each

they have pretty good trails on them(at least til I got ahold of them) I think I could kill off a silk plant.he he he how sad,huh?!

#52159 June 9th, 2006 at 04:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the terra cotta allows the soil to dry out pretty quickly. that might be the issue - especially with some of the variegated types. they're a bit more needy when it comes to soil moisture.

what i've started to do with all my plants is put them in plastic pots that have drain holes in them and then i put that pot in a nice glazed ceramic pot so that it looks nice.

drainage is pretty important for most plants. if i do put something straight into a ceramic planter i make sure to put something in the bottom of it for drainage - broken pieces of pots, stones, even those plastic packing peanuts.

when i buy a new plant, i usually transplant it right away into something bigger. i try not to disturb the roots too much and i feed it with a half-strength dose of food (i use peter's brand) every other watering for the first couple of months...that's always worked well for me smile

Link Copied to Clipboard