This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51270 May 12th, 2006 at 05:35 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I got a planting bed almost ready.I've had my 2 plants in 3 gallon pots should I sink the pot Or try a transplant.They have fruit on them right now.
Here's where their growing,where they've been sitting.
[Linked Image]

I'm going to move the cabbage inside the hex area and move the tomato plant back to the points.they've sat on rim of timbers beside pond in about that spot.I'll pull them in sept and solarize in the points. They are early girl& better boy& better boy set 1st.I wish they'd hurry up.I like fried green tomatoes too.

#51271 May 12th, 2006 at 01:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of sinking pots. I figure may as well transplant if the soil is good. I don't think the pots will be big enough to support the tommies once they are more advanced, so i'd be inclined to either pot them up into bigger containers, say 5 gallon, or plant them out.

The cabbages look OK to me as they are and those pots will take them to maturity i reckon.
Nice garden design.

#51272 May 14th, 2006 at 05:01 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
The pots did HURT their maturatity.I'll get a shot of neighbors lil monsters.hubby held me up takeing sooooooo long.One of the cabbage pots has 2 plants& is an unseen one on the porch thats done better than those three.Its actually had a few beers spilt in it more than once.
I'll pot them out.I have enough frost cloth to cover them a week& some root stimulater to help them settle in better.

Link Copied to Clipboard