This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50469 May 22nd, 2006 at 02:27 AM
OP Offline
Just wanted to share some pics of a few of my plants.. I am most proud of the first pic. I went to my grandma's funeral last February in Iowa and this was the plant I picked to bring home with me. On the way home after like 10 hours in the car my mom and I stopped to get a motel and some rest.. we were so tired we left the plants in the car in the cold Iowa weather, covering them with a blanket. This plant and the others were in horrible shape the next morning. I ended up having to cut this almost to nothing it was so damaged, little over a year later and here it is.. I call it my Grandma plant!

[Linked Image]

This one contains cuttings from the first plant, as well as purple passion vine and arrowhead
[Linked Image]

and this is a lemon lime pothos (never mind the cats in the background.. they are allowed on that counter to get away from the dogs, the plant is not normally kept there)
[Linked Image]

#50470 May 22nd, 2006 at 03:07 AM
P
P
Great plants! I esp like the purple passion vine.

#50471 May 22nd, 2006 at 04:01 AM
Nice plants! They all look very healthy! I also Like your kitty cats too, I have a couple, one male and one female, the female (Samantha) looks a lot like your triplets!A handful I'm sure!

Susan

#50472 May 22nd, 2006 at 04:40 AM
Love your plants!!!! cool

What's the first one called, it looks like a devils ivy. Sooo healthy now, glad you could save it. Duh

#50473 May 22nd, 2006 at 05:52 AM
Your right, the first plant is a Pothos (Devils Ivy)

#50474 May 22nd, 2006 at 06:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
terrific pics and your plants all look like you take good care of them!

yup, that first one is devil's ivy (golden pothos). pothos are toxic to cats tho, so don't let them chew on them!

what did you do to get it looking that nice?! i just bought one and it's not doing much - still very small.

i've got to get another purple passion plant! (last one i had fell due to me working too much...)

my arrowhead plant has mauve colored leaves (they turn green as they age) does yours do the same?

#50475 May 22nd, 2006 at 07:07 AM
Beautiful plants! I love my pothos! It is the reason I have more plants- I fell in love with gardening after having success with it! Yours are very happy! Love the cats, too! I lost my cat last September....he looked just like yours.

#50476 May 22nd, 2006 at 07:22 AM
OP Offline
actually I haven't done anything special with my pothos, just hung it up and leave it alone other than to water it. It's off to the side of an east facing window that is covered with one of those cheap roll up bamboo type curtains, seems to like it there.

My arrowheads come out green, but I've seen the mauve colored ones too, they are pretty.

I've been fascinated with the lemon lime plants that I have seen popping up recently. I got the pothos recently, but I've seen philodendrun and dracanea with the lemon lime and just recently ordered a hosta that I am waiting on.

Downtoearth.. those three actually are related.. the one to the left of the pothos is daddy Pookie, the first one in the box is his daughter Sadie and the last one is his son Joker. I have 4 other cats and 2 dogs as well.. I'm not a glutton for punishment at all! nutz

I wasn't aware that pothos was one of the ones poisounous to my cats.. seems like most plants are. So far I've been pretty fortunate that they don't really chew on my plants. I do have one young kitty that eats the tips off my Bromeliads and anything with spiky leaves so I've tried to keep all plants away from them, which isn't that easy.

I was fortunate one time that my dog got into one of my Schefflera plants that nothing serious happened. I was at work, he pulled it out of the dirt, ate half of it and then puked all over my bed.. fortunately the puking was the only harm done and he hasn't touched a plant of mine since.

#50477 May 22nd, 2006 at 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, there are a lot of plants that can cause harm...even if they do nibble on the pothos, it'll burn so they should stop after a bite or two...and no serious damage to them...

smart puppy!! he learned after the first bad experience!! wink

i've been seeing a lot of vibrant yellow/lime plants this year too. i'm not a yellow person at all.

i HAD to buy the pelargonium x hortorum geranium tho!! tri-color leaves: yellow/lime with light green and a touch of brown/magenta. bright pink flowers. just too different to pass by!!!

#50478 May 22nd, 2006 at 12:46 PM
G
G
I love the lime green ones as well.
I guess I've just been lucky with my dog and cats- they don't seem that interested in my plants. My friend has a terrible time with her cat using her plants as a litter box. dev

Link Copied to Clipboard