This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50270 February 4th, 2006 at 07:11 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I followed the instructions on the box. It has been a few weeks now, and while there is a ton of root growth, the sprout has gone nowhere. Does it not start to grow until the roots are well established?
I want my pretty pink Hyacinth. ters

#50271 February 4th, 2006 at 08:48 AM
normally plants have to get a really good root ball and they have to get root bound before they start to really show any growth ontop. so just wait and I'm sure it'll surprise ya! just keep on watering and be patient! (I know it's hard!) and remember that patience is a virtue! it'll pay off in the end!

#50272 February 4th, 2006 at 09:53 PM
MURPHYETTE,

try if you might, those things arent guarenteed.
I tried it in zone 6, with zero results......

frown
However dont give up.. My house is cool in the winter.
And there is always outside. I did cut off branches of my flowering yellow bushes and they are blooming away .Try some bushes, put them in water and watch ..Just for fun.

wink
Dodge;0)

#50273 February 4th, 2006 at 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hyacinth will come up eventually. Are you trying to grow this in the house?? I am guessing that you are, based on where you live.

How are you examining the root growth??? Are you digging it up and looking at it??? If you are don't do that. Just leave it, it will sprout. Is it in a sunny spot? If not move it to a sunny spot. You could put a little Miracle grow on it then in about a month put Miracle Grow BLOOM STARTER on it..Miracle Grow mixture 1 tablespoon per bulb for 3 days in a row. Then regular water for 3 weeks. Then Miracle Grow Bloom Starter 1 table spoon a day for 3 days...then regular water til you see a sprout..Then Miracle grow bloom start 1 tablespoon per day for 3 days again, then back to regular water. Make sure your pot is well drained too much miracle grow combined with poor drainage CAN poison the bulb.

Or you can use time released plant food..Put time released plant food just a little. Then time released bloom starter in about a month. Just a little, a tablespoon of water everyday per bulb.

The root base Does NEED to be healthy and established before you force a bloom or the flower will not stand up straight, Or worst case will tip out of it's pot. A healthy root base also promotes the bulb to split..Meaning multiply to make more hyacinths for next year.

#50274 February 4th, 2006 at 11:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure you mix the Miracle grow with water verses the instructions on the box.

Link Copied to Clipboard