This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
before [Linked Image]
after [Linked Image]
I believe they are only 3 or 4 days old now.

here is mama (or papa) [Linked Image]

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
That looks to be the Papa. Male Robins colors are more intense than the females. The heads on male Robins appear VERY black as is the case with your photo.

What awesome pictures! thumbup I have always loved the color of robin's eggs, they are such a pretty blue! muggs

How darling is that!! thumbup thumbup luv they are so cute!

How COOL!!! Love the pics! flw

Are we going to get to see any more pictures?

OP Offline
I checked the birds yesterday and they were gone. The day before there were only two. I don't know what happened, except we had some extremely high winds or the birds were not healthy. Each time I looked at them they never raised up their beak to feed.

Should I take the nest down?

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
If the nest is empty they WON'T be back. Robin nests are designed for a one batch use.

OP Offline
I took the nest down and put it in my windowsill. I didn't want starlings to take over. I noticed a robins nest in a neighbor's wreath, with starlings nesting in it. SIX EGGS.

they sure were pretty....but I don't like those birds overmuch.

Carolina Wrens have taken up residence in my one climbing hydrangea. They are the cutest little things. And they have a pretty song. Can`t wait for the babies!! Sue

Fantastic pictures! That egg color is amazing!!!

Sorry you don't know what happened to the babies though. Hopefully they are well and happy with the parents.

I hate to hear the babies are gone frown because I was hoping to see some more pictures of them.

Love those pics. WOW on how bright those eggs were.

OP Offline
the picture was taken with a macro lens. Hubby is a budding photographer. When you look at the original picture file you can see crackles all over one egg.

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
There were Grackles on the egg! sca It's a miracle they didn't eat the eggs or the baby birds!

Link Copied to Clipboard