This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47844 February 16th, 2006 at 05:12 AM
BeckyB Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to plan an indoor cacti and succulant garden, I live in zone 5 and I don't think there are many I could have outside. I need advice on what types of plants I could have together, planted in the same container, that will peacefully co-exist.
Duh
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
grinnnn

#47845 February 16th, 2006 at 05:46 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
That sounds like a wonderful idea. I have the variegated aloe vera as the center piece/show stopper and it grows shallow fat roots so that I can have it in a shallow and wide pretty pot. I have some Dudleya gnoma McCabe 'white sprite' in with it and hope to add some of the Crassula capitella ssp. thyrsiflora (Thunb.) Tölken 'Aanteel-poprosie' if I can ever find it locally. I'm just not sure about buying plants and having them shipped my one experience with doing that was awful so now I try to stick to seeds and bulbs.

If you have a fair amount of space you might want your focal point to be a 'Bonsai Crassula'
Scientific Name: Crassula sarcocaulis Eckl. & Zeyh
and then have a carpet of portulaca at it's feet. Mine has bloomed most all of the fall and some during the winter indoors although it has needed pruning a few times.

I hope I've been of some help. Good luck with your indoor garden.

#47846 February 17th, 2006 at 01:48 PM
I have most of my sucs and cacti in pots. If you look at my album you will see some of the ones I have put together.

I like colors. I have put these together echeverias and crassulas and Kalanchoe I think because they all like generally the same care they do well together for me.

#47847 March 8th, 2006 at 05:50 AM
I
I
I have a small jade plant and a black prince and cape blanco. Can I pu them together in a dish like pot with jade in the center?

#47848 March 8th, 2006 at 09:07 AM
Yes those should do very well together, Ivy.

#47849 March 9th, 2006 at 12:19 AM
I
I
I forgot about my kalanchoe plant. I have 3 stems in one pot the same one since I bought. It is flowering beutifully in my kitchen window. I was thinking of separating the three stems and putting one of them in the center with black prince and cape blanco and the other two with the smaller jade. That way even after the kalanchow stops flowering the foliage would look good with the others. But then when it is time for kalanchoe to go in dark for some time to induce flowering the others have to go in with it too Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard