This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47279 January 24th, 2006 at 12:54 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Here is my backyard garden in late spring last year. [img]http://i36.photobucket.com[/img]

#47280 January 24th, 2006 at 12:55 AM
A
OP Offline
A
OK...the image didn't post. I'll try again...

#47281 January 24th, 2006 at 03:06 AM
A
OP Offline
A
OK..I think I got it right this time. I named my garden Hartland Gardens (my last name is Hart)and a friend had the sign made for Xmas.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e47/alankhart/DSCF0654.jpg

#47282 January 24th, 2006 at 03:32 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Great Garden Alan, where's the water feature? Ok, so I'm a nut. I just figure with a garden that looks that great you should have a fountain or pond or something. I love what you've done with it. I'll be happy if I can just get a plant for every space this year. Not that there is all that much space to begin with.

#47283 January 24th, 2006 at 03:37 AM
Alan, That is beautiful! Love the blue arbor. It stands out so well against the gardens. So what kinds of plants do you have in there, we need details laugh

#47284 January 24th, 2006 at 03:44 AM
Beautiful garden Alan! I also love the arbor, Yes we need details.

#47285 January 24th, 2006 at 04:52 AM
A
OP Offline
A
There is a water feature, actually it's two half barrells. You can actually see one of them if you look above and behind the sign.

There are a ton of plants. I have lots of individual plant photos I can post if anyone would like to see them. Some of my favorites are :
Purple Cone flower
Rudbeckias (I have about 5 different ones)
rose Mallows (5 different ones)
Coreopsis
Bee Balm
Oriental and Asiatic Lilies
Dahlias

I could go on and on.

#47286 January 26th, 2006 at 01:24 AM
M
M
I love Rudbeckias. I have to say it is in the top three fav.'s.LOL
What a fabulous garden, you should be proud of all your hard work! It is very welcoming and peaceful. Love it.
Is that a rosebush I see in the background? What variety is that?

#47287 January 26th, 2006 at 01:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very pretty Alan...I could see myself wandering around through there.... thumbup

#47288 January 26th, 2006 at 11:27 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Yes. that is a rosebush...its called Knockout. It's an easy rose to grow with very good disease resistance. I have two of them plus another pink rose whose name I can't remember at the moment. I'm not really a rose person because I just don't have the time they require for spraying, fertilizing, etc. But I love roses, so I decided to get a few that were said to be disease resistant and required very little care.

#47289 January 27th, 2006 at 12:25 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I know exactly how you feel about roses. I have 4 miniatures that all came in the same pot planted outside. They are a beautiful red color and I'm watching to see if they make it through the winter and bloom again in spring. I also got the peonies because they look somewhat like a cabbage rose to me and I love the look. I hope they survive long enough to bloom and establish themselves because they sure are pretty.

And then I have a group of portulaca that I am overwintering inside because they are the double bloom and remind me of full blown miniature roses when they bloom. Although the blooms don't last very long.

#47290 January 29th, 2006 at 02:20 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by alankhart:
There is a water feature, actually it's two half barrells. You can actually see one of them if you look above and behind the sign.

There are a ton of plants. I have lots of individual plant photos I can post if anyone would like to see them. Some of my favorites are :
Purple Cone flower
Rudbeckias (I have about 5 different ones)
rose Mallows (5 different ones)
Coreopsis
Bee Balm
Oriental and Asiatic Lilies
Dahlias

I could go on and on.
PLEASE DOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE PICTURES ALAN!!!!

I was meaning to get to this post...
sorry I'm late.. but you've got a great garden..
It's neat to finally get to see your garden and flowers... thumbup grinnnn clp

#47291 January 29th, 2006 at 05:17 AM
Alan, that's great. You are obviously a master gardener. I grow a lot of plants, but I never have time to manicure anything...my plants have to coexist with weeds, so I won't be posting many photos, lol.
As for roses, they aren't necessarily as much trouble as their reputation suggests. I have a climbing yellow rose, a Fairy pink rose, a wild rambler, and a groundcover rose called Rampage that is the most beautiful, red, everblooming rose I have ever seen. I have never had to spray, or add fertilizer beyond the initial soil amendments.
Thank you for sharing your garden!

#47292 January 29th, 2006 at 05:22 AM
Oh, also, I have found that miniature roses don't seem to get black spot and all that stuff either. Also, azaleas have a reputation for being very high maintenance, but I find them to be maintenance free, and adaptable to most any location, even full sun here in central Oklahoma, where we have summertime highs up to 110 degrees.
I just thought I'd throw that out there for everyone.

#47293 January 29th, 2006 at 08:30 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by peppereater:
I grow a lot of plants, but I never have time to manicure anything...my plants have to coexist with weeds, so I won't be posting many photos, lol.
You and me both..
But I just love that up close lens on the camera..
*can zoom in on just the plant and exclude the
un~wanted hoop~la next to it..
*if my garden looked as great as my close up shots, I'd be an unsurpassed master gardener...
You should see all the stuff, "Outside the Box"
hehehehee...

Link Copied to Clipboard