This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47251 June 25th, 2006 at 05:38 PM
P
OP Offline
P
i saw my ground pecker(northern flicker) today.
what a beautiful bird. at least in my opninion.
i did notice a particular wariness in this one also.(just as i did in my hummers) i opened my back door and saw the bird,that didnt scare it one bit at all but as i watched it from inside the house i noticed that it kinda put feeding on the backburner and watched its surroundings a lot (more watching then feeding) i really think
ive got a falcon taking up residence cause the
birds are really skittish of being watched here lately. cant scare away the young robins though,
and the rabbits are showing no fear here lately.
the squirrells are going crazy here right now.
i geuss they are breeding. they are showing some really crazy behaviour, chasing each other across power lines and generaly looking like they belong in a loony bin!!

#47252 June 25th, 2006 at 06:56 PM
Congratulations Porter! Duh Of course, I guess 'if you feed them, they will come'! laugh laugh

#47253 June 25th, 2006 at 11:20 PM
I love flickers.
We have an influx of critters and birds right now too. Everyones babies are coming out of their nests. BF saw a bunch of baby chipmunks scurrying on and around our pine tree.They didnt come out to see me tho'. At work the baby barn swallows are getting closer to fledging too.

#47254 June 25th, 2006 at 11:31 PM
Wrennie, I'm sure that's what it is because I've a new mother with baby Wrens in another one of my Wren houses. clp I love to see her flitting around from branch to branch and bringing food to her babies. luv Boy, those babies really start chattering when mommy comes. smile smile

#47255 June 25th, 2006 at 11:35 PM
Wrennie, I'm sure that's what it is because I've a new mother with baby Wrens in another one of my Wren houses. clp I love to see her flitting around from branch to branch and bringing food to her babies. luv Boy, those babies really start chattering when mommy comes. smile smile

Link Copied to Clipboard