This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47027 May 22nd, 2006 at 12:39 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Last fall I lined up the families pumpkins on a rock ledge by the driveway. I meant to toss them out back in the compost pile, but they still sit on the ledge. Walking by them the other day and cursing under my breath about having to move the mush, I glanced sideways at them and couldn't believe what I saw!!! The darn things are sprouting right out of themselves! shk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I'm delighted , but still cursin cuz I got to get them in the ground now!

#47028 May 22nd, 2006 at 01:58 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Mel, I had that happen once with a pumpkin I thru in an open compost pile...
Had some wonderful pumpkins that year...

also, I left one water melon and one musk melon out over winter..
I didn't even see any reminence of watermelon...
it was just a tiny one and didn't think I'd get anything, but I got 3 seed sprouts..

And the muskmelon I saw a bunch of seeds, but they weren't doing anything, so I thought, well,
I'll just bury them, I got 8 sprouts..
*of course the next day 3 were gone from slugs* but I'm keepin' my fingers crossed..

thumbup

Keep us posted, would love to hear how they do!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard