This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4681 November 22nd, 2005 at 10:37 AM
OP Offline
I've seen you post a couple times about cooking in a paper bag...I think you said you've done a pie this way and a ham. I've never heard of this. How does it work and what reason would it be done? I'm clueless. nutz
Christina

#4682 November 23rd, 2005 at 07:08 AM
OP Offline
Just bumpin' this up to make sure Vanessa sees it.
Christina

#4683 November 24th, 2005 at 09:49 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
What's the purpose...grandpa Mears always did it! laugh Never really had sense enough to ask him why...I just knew if he did it..that was the way you were supose to do it!
Actually...there are a couple of reasons that I will guess on. The moisture control is different that foil..the "baked" taste is different and the browning is wonderful. Grandpa never cooked a ham that he didn't put it in a brown paper bag..so neither have I. They are never dried out at all. The apple pie is something my sis & I came up with while "playin"...it is a wonderful pie.
You can use paper clips to seal the bag...but I use staples..(I keep a stapler in my ketchen for several things.)

Try it...you just might have a new Grandpa Mears tradition started!!!!

~V~

Link Copied to Clipboard