This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4650 July 18th, 2006 at 02:46 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I do not like eggplant but hubby does and wants me to make him some. Anyone have any recipes?

#4651 July 18th, 2006 at 08:10 AM
Here's my favorite, eggplant parmesan, given to me by a good Italian lady.

I'll give you the small version that doesn't make a ton.

Peel an eggplant, and slice into 1/2" slices. Lay on a plate, and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse the slices, and pat dry. Dip in flour and brown on both sides in a little olive oil. Drain on paper towels.
Spray Pam in a small casserole dish. Put a little of your favorite spaghetti sauce in the dish. Put in a layer of eggplant. Cover with some sauce, sprinkle with grated mozzarella or that yummy Italian blend. Continue layering until you've used all the eggplant. End with cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until all hot and bubbly.

Even though you don't like eggplant, if you make this, try a little bit. I've seen little kids smack it down thinking it was lasagna! For some reason it kind of tastes like it has sausage in it.

Link Copied to Clipboard