This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4616 November 5th, 2003 at 03:23 PM
OP Offline
Made this last nite it was wonderful..

3 cups chopped potatoes
1 cup water
1/2 cup celery slices
1/2 cup carrot slices
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp.parsley flakes
1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube
1/2 tsp.salt
Das of pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
2 Tbsps.flour
1/4 lb.Velveeta cheese,cubed

In a large saucepan,combine potatoes,water,celery,carrots,onion,parsley flakes,bouillon cub and seasonings.Mix well. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 mintues or until vegetable are tender.Gradually add milk to flour,mixing until well-blended. Add milk mixture to vegetables;cook until thickened.Add Velveeta cubes and stir until melted..

Weezie , I think u would like this since your a veggy person.loves veggies myself..Don't really have to have meat..

Hope u all try this and enjoy it as much as my Family did..

#4617 November 5th, 2003 at 05:00 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Tx,
That actually sounds pretty gosh darn good!!! thumbup

I have been wanting to try some cream soup!!
(I'm so chicken)
But I always hate to do something and it doesn't turn out, but this sounds relatively easy to do and tasty to boot!!

The weather is crazy up here in the North is just that, crazy, here they say, if you don't like the weather, stick around 5 minutes, it'll change!
As soon as the weather gets to blowing thumbup
Weezie

#4618 November 7th, 2003 at 05:09 AM
TX,
That does sound like a good receipe.
I bet you are a good cook and bet you spoil your family.... wavey

#4619 November 8th, 2003 at 06:05 AM
OP Offline
Peppermint,
Ya they are spoiled.. wink You need to try the mexican soup i posted..Its wonderful..Let me know if u try it..I love cooking for them trying new recipes.Can't wait till Thanksgiving so i will have my son home to cook for.. He loves his moms cooking..Its so great having a loving family.. thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard