This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#45908 July 5th, 2004 at 04:55 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
My "Webshots" albums?
I have a nekked picture of me there, too.

#45909 July 5th, 2004 at 04:56 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
NOT!!!!!

#45910 July 5th, 2004 at 04:59 PM
Meg Offline
OMG, don't do that to me.. I was nearly havin a heart attack here..lol. Do I look at her webshots, or not?? [Linked Image]

Meg

#45911 July 5th, 2004 at 05:01 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Yeah, I thought I'd better come back and post that "NOT" so everyone wouldn't leave this site and crash my webshots!!!!! laugh

#45912 July 9th, 2004 at 01:50 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
If its a ground wasp, then you'll find various caterpillers inside the hole. Definately don't stick ur finger in lol. I learned my lesson on that one thumbup eek

How big was the grub? could you tell me in inches? I was gonna say it was a chipmunk, cuz they make lil holes all around my house, but not that small. the chipmunk holes are around 2" in diameter. I think they're started by moles though.

But wow, that's interesting o.O I think it may be some kinda bug. have you noticed any damage around your gardens from whatever may live in the holes?

#45913 July 9th, 2004 at 01:58 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
*realizes that page 1 of the post wasn't the only page*

>.< dangit! i do that all the time! laugh

Okay well while we're on the subject of pictures: I have pictures of a collage that has my picture in it ^.^ its faint, but i'll post it if i can find it smile

#45914 July 9th, 2004 at 02:00 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Holes are too small for any kind of furry animal! I can just barely stick my finger in them, and most are pinky finger size. The grub was about an inch and a half. Biggest grub I've ever seen here. No damage to anything, just mystery holes. (aliens!)

#45915 July 9th, 2004 at 02:42 AM
Meg Offline
Hehehe! Back to page one, eh?

Well, I don't know about these grubs, but OMG, I have HUGE slugs popping up here and there. Last night I was taking the can to the curb for garbage night, and there was a HUGE slug on the top of the can, by the handles. Freaked me out.. it was kinda dark out, and it was so long, I thought there was a snake on my garbage!! shk

Meg

#45916 July 23rd, 2004 at 09:41 PM
Z
Z
Its obviously squirells, i have the same problem and have watched them do it.

#45917 May 21st, 2006 at 08:12 AM
K
K
I think this thread will become active again. I have a similar problem as cindy has.. but the holes are bigger than what she had. and it's in several places.. there in one under a tree.. and I put mulches there.. but the hole reappeated.. so looks like whatever creature making the hole is actually using the same ones.. the other day as I stepped out in the deck, saw this snake, maybe 3 feet long running away as it heard me.

This is the last thing I expected.. I just don't want any snakes in my backyard!! frown any suggestions would be appreciated.

#45918 May 26th, 2006 at 04:36 PM
snakes do not dig holes, but they will find a unused hole and take them over.
If it was cool your not going to find a snake

If you view the photo, your see wet mud at the entrance of the hole, I would say it was some type of wasp. It has to be some type of insect

I just learned that a grub is a June bug- I hate the grubs but I loved June bugs..

Garden snakes are very useful, so is grass snakes, they are more scared of us then we are of them.
Sadly I have found a dead grass snake while cleaning out a ditch line today.. very pretty he was, and a lovley shade of green..

now the copperheads we have here, I am not happy with, It has been years since I have seen one, The last time was about 15 years back and I dug into a nest of baby copperheads. and I almost picked one up not knowing what it was ( I though it was a BIG old worm) but my FIL stoped me just in time..
and this year by the trash can, a big one was killed, at the end of our block.

#45919 June 7th, 2006 at 07:49 AM
K
K
thanks for the reply.. I'm glad the holes were not from snakes.. funny thing happened.. I saw this hole and I put in this wood stick inside the hole which covered the hole completely.. few days later I see another hole right beside this covered one!! scary.

#45920 June 10th, 2006 at 12:03 PM
J
J
Cindy,
Alot of "fisherpeople" would love to come to your house. (How diplomatic can you get)javascript:void(0)javascript:void(0)
Big Grin
Big Grin laugh

#45921 July 1st, 2006 at 05:38 AM
C
C
I am new here, so please bear w/me...Hope I'm doing this right.
I am having a HUGE problem w/moles..My yard is spongy with all the tunnels, does anyone know of anything that has been proven to be effective?
I think they're even worse this year than last.
Please help.

#45922 July 1st, 2006 at 03:49 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Click Here for some info on moles.

...and welcome to the forum, countrynursewannabe! wavey

Cindy

#45923 July 9th, 2006 at 01:48 PM
J
J
Hi All..
I'm new and have a question about holes in my lawn .. or what used to be part of my lawn. Most of them are in the dirt part of the lawn but their some in other areas where there is plenty of grass. The holes are about finger or dime size and don't have any mounds around them. Looks like someone just took a drill out there and bored holes around 2" deep. I have seen one or two toads around the place but they seem too big for such a hole. There are lots of them.

Thanks for any info you can offer. I liked the flour idea.. But whatever it is would probably just drag it down the hole and make tiny pans of gravy with it. ;-) (kidding) .. Thanks again.

~j

#45924 July 9th, 2006 at 02:13 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Hi, Joel... wavey
I believe we've met already!

I have holes like you described in my yard...I see them mostly in the dirt under the birdfeeders, and were wondering if they could be from beetles or something, going into the ground to do whatever it is they do that makes larva things (grubs).
nutz
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and we can compare...and see if they look alike. Then maybe someone can shed some light on what it's from.

Cindy

#45925 August 30th, 2006 at 02:19 PM
M
M
Well I've gone through 7 pages of this mystery and I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE smile It's been almost 2 months later;WHERE'S THE PICTURE! madSHOW ME THE PICTURE! :rolleyes: Anyway i get I think similar holes in my mulch; but not my yard. I know my problem is a furry creature; a MOLE. Do you have yellow jackets as they nest underground.
I remember as a kid at the school playground taking a wild onion and placing it down one of the many "holes" in the field and "fishing for a grubworm which would attach itself to the onion stalk and yank it up after seeing it move;like a fishing float.Try a little yard fishing. smile laugh laugh laugh

#45926 September 2nd, 2006 at 11:57 AM
you people have cracked me up.ive enjoyed the mystery,its was better than any hitchcock movie. laugh laugh p nutz

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard