This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45811 March 23rd, 2006 at 01:55 AM
R
RumBum Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello, orchid fans out there! I could use some help with this proud mama orchid.

Here is a picture of my phal with keiki(s):
[Linked Image]

1.Is this actually 2 keikis?

2.If there are two here, is there any way to separate them since they are joined at the same place to the mother plant? I have read how to separate a single keiki from the mother plant but since the two are joined at the same place I am a bit at a loss

3.Also, do you think the keikis are about big enough to be separated from the mama plant? The keiki's leaves range from 2-4" now and the longest root is about 3"

Thanks so much for your help!

#45812 April 26th, 2006 at 04:19 PM
yes, you have two there..... when each has several roots an inch and a half long or longer, you can separate them (i would use a sharp knife)from each other... remember to coat any exposed surfaces from this procedure with ground cinnamon, which is a natural anti-septic (will prvent any infections), and pot em up in a good bark mix (do not use the shultz mix commonly sold in garden departments in most stores....
good luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard