This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45427 March 3rd, 2006 at 01:03 PM
OP Offline
My prayers have been answered! I'm in the process of starting a worm bin and I've been told coffee grounds would be great to use in there. Since I'm not much of a coffee drinker this seemed to be a little problem, but it was quickly solved. wink One of my students works at Starbucks in Missouri and he told me they package up the grounds and they are available free of charge for gardners. We don't have one around here in Illinois so he brought me three big bags today and is bringing me more on Tuesday so I can put them in my compost pile and the acid loving plants in my garden. I thought I would pass this information along for all those who might have access to a Starbucks!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day! kit

#45428 March 5th, 2006 at 11:59 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Man you're lucky!!!
I wish I had one near me......

**I used to work in the resaurants, and had access
to all sorts of coffeegrounds w/filters, veggie peelings and stuff, nowwwwwwwwww, nooooooo more eek eek I realllllllllllly miss it!!!!

FYI, you should be able to go to your local
grocery store and ask for stuff in the veggie department when they do their cleaning up of veggies, like pulling outter layers off of onions, corn husks that have dried, or over the edge veggies' they can't sell..
But sometimes, I know like Pig farmers, just as an example, may beat you to it... but can't hurt to ask..

Same for a local rest. you may frequent, ask them, they may just take you up on the offer, to cut down on their garbage...

#45429 March 5th, 2006 at 01:42 PM
OP Offline
I'm only lucky for a short time because once the semester is over I'll lose my supply. thumbup

patches kit

Link Copied to Clipboard