This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#43672 June 29th, 2006 at 04:57 AM
Great pic! He looks like he is posing!

#43673 June 29th, 2006 at 06:18 AM
Yeah he looked like that alot..could be because our son carried him everywhere he went..our boy is soooooooo fascinated with frogs..he use to gather like 15 of them in a cage and then let them go..mostly in the house..yeah i know.it was a little frightening when i'd be on the computer at 12 at night..and all was dark except my screen..then i'd see something out of the corner of my eye..glance over..and out JUMPED the frog at me..eeek..he doesn't do that anymore..thank god..hehe

#43674 June 29th, 2006 at 07:54 AM
OMG! I would just die! I like frogs that stay in the pond & toads in the yard, but I absolutely do not like tree frogs because they jump RIGHT ON YOU! They are supposed to be scared! Not chase us!

#43675 June 29th, 2006 at 09:13 AM
Yeah, well our sons frogs or toads..were not afraid of people that is for dang sure..after awhile though..you get use to it..hehe.

#43676 July 13th, 2006 at 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got some more pics of Mr. Frog. thumbup Athena insists on calling him Felicia.... laugh I think he's getting used to us because you can get right near him now before he disappears.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#43677 July 13th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Felicia! That is so cute!

My daughter (16) insists on calling ours Pete and Delmar, after the guys in O Brother Where Art Thou.

I asked how do you know that's Pete, and of course she says "Course it's Pete; look at him!"

#43678 July 13th, 2006 at 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh That's too funny!!!!

My niece is 4 and insists on calling everything Felicia. laugh I told her the frog was a boy--not that I know that, he just looks like a boy....She said, no it's not, it's a Felicia and that's a girl. laugh

#43679 July 13th, 2006 at 01:34 PM
LOLOL, great frog stories.

Do not worry about your frog, he would rather eat mosquitoes and larvae, truly. Remember, frogs catch thier prey with thier tongues. It would have to be fish eggs or very very small fish that it would eat. Something about the scales of fish is what deters them too. I am not sure what though. Posibly the slime.

And the only relationship I ever saw between a frog and a snake was vice versa. Ever see how large a frog a skinny snake can gobble down in one piece??!!!! Amazing.

My frog story: (toads actually)

A few years ago, my home was in a newer area of a small city here in S. Ontario, Canada. ONe of those 'cookie cutter' home areas, same driveways, same tree in front yard, same 2 children per family home. Boreing. So, I created a little pond in my backyard and invited nature to live with me. After all, the area had been developed on what only 5 years before had been a natural park area.

Well, toads and frogs and ducks moved in. We had a wonderful time together at that home.

Mating season came around after one winter, and I had one very boisterous male living at the pond. He called allll the ladies from alll around the 'once park area'.

My city neighbour knocked on my door one evening. When I opened my door, there he stood with a twenty, a ten and a five dollar bill, held out as an offering to me. Puzzled, I asked him what he was doing. He said "I am here to buy that thing you have in your back yard". I wondered what thing and he said "that thing that you bought from Zellers that when you walk by it, it 'ribbits' like a toad. I pleaded with him that it was not a 'bought' item, but that it was truly a piece of Mother Nature's work, at work itself! He left in a huff and didn't believe me. The next day, he returned, demanding to take a look in my backyard for himself. I obliged and took him to see the pond and mr Toad himself. Mr Toad was not shy, there he sat, on edge of pond, with what I recall as a sheepish grin. My neighbour appologized and left with his tail between his legs. I did tell him that he couldn't possibly ever have enough money to buy out our Mother Nature Store. At least hopefully not in our lifetimes.

I am in an old country home now, and guess what, I have a lovely toad hanging out with me.

May all of you each get to experience the wonderful attitude and helpfullness of a toad or a frog in your garden. They truly are great company. And hey, thier castings are pure organic. How sweet they truly are!!

PS, in some culture, I am not of memory to which, frogs are very high in the 'good luck' charms. So let them live, enjoy them, and they just could bring you some extra good luck! wink

#43680 July 13th, 2006 at 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh Cece, what a story of your neighbor trying to buy the frog! laugh Glad you have a toad hanging out there with you! thumbup

I've grown quite attached to mine. He makes his calling noises all night long.

I didn't see how he could eat fish, snakes, and turtles and things....My pond book just shocked me when it said that they could possibly eat them. So far the fish and frog are getting along swimmingly. grinnnn

#43681 July 13th, 2006 at 04:38 PM
Great pics Loz! Love Felicia!

And awesome story Cece! Brought a smile to my heart.

#43682 July 16th, 2006 at 04:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a sad note, this morning one of my orange goldfish was belly up. ters

There were 2 of them....Loz and Marky--and I'm not sure which one was which, but those 2 goldfish were always together and I'm sure Loz is missing Marky really bad right now.........or maybe it's Marky pining for Loz. ters

See, this is why I don't have a dog because I get too attached.....and this was just a goldfish! :rolleyes:

#43683 July 16th, 2006 at 05:20 AM
Loz, I am sorry that you lost one of your fish. kissies

#43684 July 16th, 2006 at 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, I get too attached to things even fish! :rolleyes:

#43685 July 16th, 2006 at 12:46 PM
Me too!

#43686 July 16th, 2006 at 01:16 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, man, Loz! I'm sorry your fish died. ters
I had one that died back in the winter.
It's buried in the pet cemetery and has a headstone. shocked

#43687 July 16th, 2006 at 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should've had a burial place for mine....Poor Loz or Marky. I had Mark get rid of it and I'm not sure where he put it. I only had 5 goldfish so it was easy to tell their personalities.

If dogs lived forever I'd have 10 of them.

#43688 July 17th, 2006 at 04:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was one of these 2.........RIP loz or marky.

[Linked Image]

I can't wait to expand the pond.......I'm planning it all out in my head already.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard