This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43289 July 21st, 2006 at 11:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Maybe they are just a crummy variety? One gets a bit og sun in the morning, but not much, maybe an hour or two? The other two get a little more sun in the late afternoon. They are really small. Planted in coconut baskets. I pick the dead blooms off daily, but they just don't seem to grow at all. Should I bother overwintering them and try again next year, or just let them go and try a better quality plant next year? I bought them at Walmart.

#43290 July 22nd, 2006 at 12:11 AM
Have you put any fertilizer to them??? They are so heavily fertilized when they are greenhouse-raised that you really have to keep it up once you get them home. What variety is it? Is there a tag??

#43291 July 22nd, 2006 at 03:42 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally posted by melcon6:
Have you put any fertilizer to them??? They are so heavily fertilized when they are greenhouse-raised that you really have to keep it up once you get them home. What variety is it? Is there a tag??
There is a tag, but ti is useless. No info at all except that it is a Fuschia. I have fertalized them quite a few times now. Maybe they just aren't getting enough sun? Would they do better hanging under a tree, maybe?

#43292 July 22nd, 2006 at 09:32 AM
A
A
Fuschias prefer a little morning sun and shade in the afternoon. There are 2 types: an upright grower, which looks best in containers or in the landscape, and a trailing type, which looks best in hanging baskets. The plants you bought may not have been well cared for or simply poor quality. They don't over winter well, so I'd just get better ones next year. You can usually find them already in hanging baskets for not much more than what you'd pay for the plants in containers.

Link Copied to Clipboard