This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42956 August 11th, 2006 at 02:38 PM
OP Offline
Hello All!!!

Was hoping someone out there could help me out....I have a classic "cottage" container garden...did all my research to get lovely British plants....THEN>>>>>my landlord painted my apartment horrible army barracks green.... frown eek :p wavey HOLLYHOCKGIRL

You could get one of those 7 pot planter screens like the one posted in the garden tour heading in this section. I found it at plow and hearth and it is on sale right now.
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?pcode=1627

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Trellis, trellis, trellis. Depending on the type of exterior you have some trellis' can be made by a series of eye hooks and fishing line so they aren't terrible expensive and don't really show themselves they just make a nice place for vines to grow. Of course that doesn't help come winter.

OP Offline
HELLO ALL!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!! The good news is...it is the smallest wall in the yard that has been painted this horrific colour! Other than that, we got a lovely wall that is apricot...which is stunning with the foliage and flowers!!! Not necessarily a "cottage" colour...but I know I can work it out!!! laugh I was thinking of wall mounting some trellises and growing Cecil Brunner roses and The Fairy climbing rose....they are supposed to be extremely prolific and ...well...in Winter...I just won't look out the window so often!!! LOL....Also...was thinking maybe an evergreen Honeysuckle might be nice? Hope I can find one? Anyway....thanks all for the great advice!!! smile

CHEERS!
HOLLYHOCKGIRL

Hollyhocker girl

plant lots of vines, morning glorys cover fast.

dodge

Confederate Jasmine is a nice evergreen vine.

Link Copied to Clipboard