This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42727 February 12th, 2006 at 08:45 AM
Lorena Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone...

I went out to the garden today and found my rosemary smashed. It was about 10" high. It's branches were broken off, probably by the neighbor's puppies. I transplanted it last fall from it's pot to the garden. Would it hurt it if I was to transplant it back into a pot when the ground thaws out?

Thank you,
Lorrie

#42728 February 12th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
I don't grow Rosemary and can not ever get it to really grow, So I can't offer any advice on this except: If it was me...I would wait until spring and see if it sprouts back out. It is a tender perennial, so it is possible that it may not come back at all either way...What zone are you in? If it sprouts back out then you could repot it, try to dig it up in a root ball (with as much dirt around the roots as possible)Until then I would place some sort of barricade around it to keep the puppies away from it & then just wait and see if it lives.

#42729 February 12th, 2006 at 11:25 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Lorena I would have to ditto Comfrey...protect it where it is and see what happens. And it would help to know what zone you are in. I am in zone 7 and my Rosemary grows pretty hardy here....and winterizes well. The broken limbs might even make it bush out more for you...
Can you put a littl wire fence around it for now...at least till it is safe from the puppies?

Good luck with it!

~V~

Link Copied to Clipboard