This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41980 April 19th, 2006 at 11:31 AM
The Bird Man
OP Offline
The Bird Man
You people have put voodoo on me that caused me to make a flower bed! mad After removing a 4 X 8 foot Monkee Grass Patch from my front porch area. My wife, grandson, and I ended up buying bedding plants, seeds, and bulbs to make a flower bed. We planted red Gladiolus, purple Petunias, Marigolds, red Salvia, and red Verbena. We got my grandson 2 packs of Lilliput Zinnias which he planted in a pot.It is the first time I've ever planted Gladiolus, Salvia, and Verbena. I chose red to help attract Hummingbirds. (If you're trying to change me into a gardener I have to do SOMETHING to hang on to my bird interest. Duh )

THORNY'S NEW GARDEN (1 HOUR OLD)
[Linked Image]

#41981 April 19th, 2006 at 12:52 PM
Hey Thorny,

The new garden looks great!! thumbup And, it will only improve with time! thumbup

As for the gardening "bug", it's as contagious as the Bubonic Plague!! laugh But, it's a lot more fun, and definately better for you!! thumbup smile

Robert

#41982 April 19th, 2006 at 12:54 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I love the fact that you got your grandson involved in the new garden. I remember helping my grandparents in their veggie garden when I was a kid. I learned a lot from them and it gave us some excellent quality time!! thumbup

Robert

#41983 April 19th, 2006 at 08:33 PM
Nice Garden Thornius
thumbup clp clp clp
I am sure you will enjoy it!!

#41984 April 19th, 2006 at 09:59 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Thorny welcome to gardening. Didn't it feel absolutely great. And watching them grow is fantastic. Then there is harvesting the seeds and trading them. That's really great fun too. And I'm sure your birds are going to love you for the flowers.

#41985 April 20th, 2006 at 12:11 AM
The Bird Man
OP Offline
The Bird Man
Thanks, Folks grinnnn I have had gardens before, especially about 20-25 years ago. We had a BIG yard then and I grew vegetables and flowers by the bushels. I just have very little unused space at this house. We hated the Monkey Grass at that location so dug it up and transplanted it under my willow tree where I hang my bird feeders. It looks soooo much better there and that gave me a 4 X 8 foot patch of dirt in front of my porch so I said, "Bedding plants! Instant Gratification!" We rushed to Walmart where they had 6-packs of bedding plants for $1.48 a pack. I bought 10 packs of them! Dollar tree had a 6 pack of Gladiolus bulbs for $1.00. I got the Zinnia seeds at Walmart for a dime a pack! I think I might continue this each year.

Link Copied to Clipboard