This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41902 May 10th, 2006 at 08:45 PM
OP Offline
HELLO! wavey

I was wondering if anyone here has used Safer Spray for black spot on their roses even though the house pets may walk by the rose bushes??? Is this product safe to use around dogs and cats? If not...does anyone have a safe recipe for black spot on roses that does not involve any chemicals that could even slightly hurt a pet wavey

#41903 May 10th, 2006 at 11:11 PM
Mr. Radio
Mr. Radio
Holly...
As far as I know Safer spray is an insecticide, not a fungicide, so unless they have a product that i don't know about I doubt it would do any good. Even though it is totally safe for your pets. Most fungicides have a danger rating to them for one reason only, that they are an eye irritant, and cause blindness in its straight form. I would check with your vet and ask him his opinion. Once sprayed, and dried I think it should be safe because I seriously doubt the dog will try to eat a rose bush or even rub his face in it.
The only other thing that I can think of that may help is not to water the plant over the leaves in the sunshine and let a liquid fert touch the leaves. A properly fertilized plant can withstand disease attacks and sometimes not even get them.

#41904 May 11th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
Safer has expanded there product line to include many things. If I remember right, their fungicide is a copper product, possibly copper oliate. It should be pretty safe, but I wouldn't let the pets contact it while it's wet, just to be safe. Copper is toxic to fish, though, so don't let it get in fish ponds. Neem is a natural fungicide, plant based, and non-toxic to humans, but I wouldn't let any pets contact any liquid sprays at all. Neem will also take care of aphids and mites.

Link Copied to Clipboard