This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41652 March 13th, 2006 at 12:47 AM
OP Offline
Is there anything I can spray on my lilac bush to keep this grand dog of mine from snapping off the branches just because he can mad I have made sure he has toys, chew bones ect. outside but when I leave to go to work, he snaps off branches. During the winter I crate him in the house because he likes to redecorate the house while I'm gone. I would like for him to be able to enjoy the great outdoors but he is destroying my bush frown I was so mad yesterday, I drug my compost box over to it and bent the branches over until I wiggled it around it. It looks funny but now he can't get to it and I'm without a box. He's happy though.... now he has compost to dig around in :rolleyes: I can't win for losing <sigh>.

#41653 March 13th, 2006 at 01:49 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That sounds exactly like my mother's dawgggggg!!!
She's a pain in the ba~tootie...
I know your pain Auntnene!!!
My mom bought one of those 10 x 12' chainlinked fenced kennels... she goes out there when she's done
the redecorating thing!!!

Alot I have to say is, because she's mad at my mother for leaving her...
Just that bond thing I guess..
I go over and be with her, pet her, throw balls, feed her, let her out, my two boys go over and play with her, and sh'es just un~happy when my mom goes somewheres....

#41654 March 13th, 2006 at 01:51 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Maybe mix up some Cayenne pepper/hotsauce mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on the lower leaves, If she gets it on her tougue via her paws,
she might stay away..
*although, I don't know if it will hurt the lilac leaves??*

****and I'd be there when I spray it, meaning don't spray and go, spray it when you're there,
and see how she reacts to it...****

I know they have a mixture like that for bunnies too!

#41655 March 13th, 2006 at 02:07 AM
HI. I had a problem with my Landlady's dog digging in my containers. I took Cayanne peppeer and sprinkled it fairly liberally on he containers and plants. The dog came up and sniffed sneezed a vcouple of times and hasen't messed with it since. I'll probably do it again as a refresher if Sspring ever get's here!! Good Luck! smile

#41656 March 13th, 2006 at 08:22 PM
OP Offline
Thanks! I'll give the pepper a try and make sure he has plenty of water...lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard