This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40376 January 3rd, 2005 at 10:23 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
So Maxi made cuttings from our Prayer plant late in October and has dutifully kept them in a jar of water on the kitchen windowsill with southwestern light. Now the roots seem to be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. When will they be ready to pot?

Merme

#40377 January 3rd, 2005 at 10:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi merme,
i don't know much about prayer plants(although i think they are gorgeous) but i think they are ready to go. i know that some plants if left rooted in water too long have trouble adapting to the new soil medium. hopefully someone else will come along and verify. good luck! makes me want to get one. grinnnn

#40378 January 4th, 2005 at 04:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'd pot them up now... by the way, thanks for the reminder, i need to pot mine up!

#40379 January 4th, 2005 at 01:20 PM
I think my thumb may be turning green!
I have a Prayer plant clipping that I stuck staight in the dirt four weeks ago.
It did well for two weeks and then started to curl up...thought it was a gonner!I just gave it a little water every day for the first two weeks, then every two days since.
Threw open the curtains this morning and what do you know?It has spread out again and is a nice darkish green with beautiful spots!!!
I've tried this way of planting Prayer plants twice before and they both died.Who knows? Maybe this one will too.
I'll keep you posted

Link Copied to Clipboard