This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#40354 August 22nd, 2005 at 11:16 PM
D
dbb Offline
D
An old wives tale says that if you lay a ripe banana near unripe fruit or vegetables it speeds up the ripening process - worth a try if you're desperate or have any over-ripe bananas you don't want to eat!

#40355 August 23rd, 2005 at 03:04 PM
J
J
hi guys! does anyone out there grew a tomato as big as squash. Duh if anyone of you guys did it. can you share to me how did you do it! smile

#40356 August 24th, 2005 at 11:00 AM
S
S
lol junjun, what kinda squash? There are lots of little squashes out there, as many really as the huge ones. What poundage (or kilogrammage) are we talking about here? I harvested a Marianna's Peace today that was over 1.5 lbs and a bicolour Burracker's Favourite last week that was just shy of 2 lbs. There are even larger varieties than these that didn't make it into my garden, but I don't do anything special besides amending the soil in Fall and again in spring and providing a root-prodding fertilizer at transplanting time.

freestacy, how do you like your Jellybean tomatoes? I confess to being interested in that variety based on its name alone...it's my nickname. Are they good producers? When did you transplant out?

Cheers,
Julianna

#40357 August 24th, 2005 at 10:28 PM
Julianna,

I really like the Jellybean tomatoes. They are very meaty and a sweet tomato. I actually made it into the house with a few, to try them in a salad. Better than Roma, but, smaller.

I started them in April in my basement, than transplanted them to my garden in early June. As you know we had a to chilly spring to put them out in May. I will certainly grow these next year.

Stacy (freestacy)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard