This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40169 February 3rd, 2005 at 03:40 AM
OP Offline
Ok I haven't been gardening for very many years so I've been avoiding flower bulbs. The directions on what to do with them confuses me. (I swear I'm not blonde *L* jk)

My cousin gave me a bag of daffodil bulbs at christmas time and I've had no idea what to do with them. I was thinking of using a few inside forcing them to bloom but what do I do with the rest outside and when?

#40170 February 3rd, 2005 at 06:36 PM
A
A
Daffodils require an extended period of cold in order to bloom, usually around 12 weeks or so. If your ground isn't frozen you could plant them outside now, but chances are many won't bloom this year because it's so late in the season. If you can't plant them outside now, put them in the refrigerater and either force them indoors or plant them outside in the spring. Once again, it's hard to say just how many will actually bloom this year. Regardless, you'll want to leave the foliage alone until they turn yellow and start to die so they can get enough energy built up to bloom next year.

#40171 February 3rd, 2005 at 07:25 PM
They will probably bloom the first year they're not as picky as some of the other bulbs. I move some every year from my moms and so far they have all bloomed the first year after moving.

Link Copied to Clipboard