This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39673 February 5th, 2005 at 06:08 PM
OP Offline
Hi, I am new to this board and have a question about one of my houseplants. I have what I thought was called a Peperonia plant. It is about 3 1/2 feet tall but never seems to grow. It is one stalk with branches and looks fairly healthy but others I have seen look very full. I am going to try to post a link to the picture of it. I hope this works. My question is how do I make it look fuller? Do I need to cut it and start from scratch? I have had it for about 11 years. Thanks! Barbara

#39674 February 5th, 2005 at 10:28 PM
flw Hi! I can't access your plant picture because I'm not a member of that particular site but I looked up info on Peperomia in one of my reference books; perhaps the following will help.
(I'm paraphrasing the info)
Place in full light in winter, bright indirect light while actively growing. Water sparingly in winter with tepid water and moderately in summer. From spring to Summer, maintain moderate to high humidity and mist twice daily applying a balanced liquid fertilizer monthly.
There are a thousand or more species in this genus so the care instructions a somewhat general but if you follow them an pamper the plant a bit perhaps it will fill out on its own. Again, hope this helps!

#39675 February 5th, 2005 at 11:11 PM
OP Offline
Hi and thanks for the response. I deleted the link for the photo. The info is helpful and I know now that at least I got the name right. Barbara kit

Link Copied to Clipboard